Soooo remember when I said that first peanut butter cup had my mind going on flavors and combos…well here is one! A certain someone loves all things crunchy. Sure I had a touch of crunch on the last one with those few pretzel pieces but I wanted more. More pretzels would have done the trick but lets be honest, that isn’t as fun. I was in the mood for more, something a bit different. Look in the pantry, what is crunchy, mmhmm, cereal. Done. Perfect. Rice krispie cereal is the winner. Same techniques as the previous pb cup made just a few more layers and ingredients.
- 20g coconut oil
- 30g chocolate chips
- 45g protein powder (I used Optimum Nutrition Chocolate)
- 1/3c rice krispie cereal
- 12g powdered peanut butter (I used Betterbody)
- 4tbsp peanut butter (I used Peanut Butter & Co Crunchy Time)
- 10g white chocolate chips
- Melt the coconut oil and chocolate chips together. Pour half of the sauce into the silicon mold. Place in the freezer and let set.
- In a small bowl add water to the protein powder to create a thick pudding/icing texture.
- Pour the protein mix onto the set chocolate layer and then top with the rice krispies cereal. Back in the freezer it goes for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl add water to the powdered peanut butter. Pour this on top of the rice krispies layer.
- Next, spread the peanut butter layer on. I highly recommend that if you have a very thick peanut butter or a crunchy style to heat it up. Spreading will be MUCH easier, lesson learned!
- You can then top off the cup with the remaining chocolate sauce and sprinkle some white chocolate chips on top for a bit of color. You could make a drizzle but I was being lazy so I dumped those chips right on.
- Back in the freezer for a finally set and then you can devour!
- Calories: 1,131
- Fat: 75g
- Carbohydrates: 58g
- Protein: 56g
Remember you can make this as big or as little as you like. The amount of each ingredient may vary depending on how you much/how much you like. Make it your own and have fun.