I don’t know about you all but for me, pumpkin a year round flavor hands down. I love anything pumpkin and it was about time I made a batch of my pumpkin fudge muffins!
This is the base/batter recipe and you can fill the muffins with whatever you would like. I have shared some of my different fillings with you below 🙂
Pumpkin Fudge Muffins
– 55g almond meal/flour
– 10g oat bran
– 22g protein powder, I used Cinnamon Cookie Butter flavored, vanilla or any cinnamon flavored protein powders would be great for the base (do not use an Isolate. Use either a combo protein powder blend or casein) ***use rdvip at your 1stphorm checkout!
– 1tsp baking powder
– 100g pumpkin puree
– 30g honey (can sub for syrup or agave)
– 30g walden farms syrup (can sub for more honey, syrup, or agave)
– 32g plain creamy peanut butter (or any plain nut butter)
– 1 large egg (or make 1 egg from egg substitute)
– 14g light butter spread (or regular butter or any type of neutral flavored oil)
– desired fillings you would like!
– for chips (chocolate, cinnamon, caramel) I would suggest 30g total (5g per muffin)
– for cream cheese I would suggest 48g total (8g per muffin)
– Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
– Spray your muffin tin.
– In a large bowl mix all of the ingredients together minus the peanut butter and butter (do not add your fillings!).
– In a small bowl, microwave the peanut butter and butter until melted.
– Add the melted peanut butter and butter to the rest of the ingredients and blend gently.
– Divide your batter out into the 6 muffin tins. I weigh my batter out for precision, typically is about 55g of batter per muffin cup.
– Add your fillings to the center of each muffin.
– Bake for 20-22 minutes. Let the muffins come to a complete cool before packaging.
**They store at room temperature in an air tight container for roughly 5 days. I suggest placing in the fridge after that where they will stay fresh up to a week more.
Macros for base (no filling, using the ingredients I have listed above):
MFP: Chef CEF Plain Pumpkin Fudge Muffin
Variations of fillings below 🙂
Cream Cheese stuffed (used non-fat plain cream cheese and sweetened with walden farms pancake syrup)
MFP: Chef CEF Cream Cheese Stuffed Pumpkin Fudge Muffin
Chocolate Chip stuffed
MFP: Chef CEF Chocolate Chip Stuffed Pumpkin Fudge Muffin
Cinnamon Chip stuffed
MFP: Chef CEF Cinnamon Chip Pumpkin Fudge Muffin
Behind the scenes photos and a little bit of a preview of some flavors 😉